Categories for 2017 CALEB Award
- Published Fiction novel – for fiction books published during the 2016 calendar year. Self published books are eligible. Work must be between 50,000 -100,000 words.
- Published Non-Fiction – for non-fiction memoirs or biographies published during the 2015 – 2016 calendar years. Self published books are eligible. 50,000 word minimum.
- Published Children’s picture Books – for children’s picture books published during the 2015 or 2016 calendar year. Self published books are eligible.
- Unpublished Manuscript YA novel – For new authors or published Authors who have not had a book published sinceAugust 2015. Work must be between 50,000 – 90,000 words.
Each book can only be entered in one section. E-books are not eligible in this year’s competition. We hope to expand our categories in future years. Unpublished manuscripts will receive written feed-back from the judges.
All entries, whether written for a secular or Christian audience must reflect language, themes and a worldview that are honouring to Christ.
Who can Enter?
All authors who reside in Australia and New Zealand and any citizens of Australia or New Zealand who reside elsewhere in the world.
How much does it cost?
The entry fee for CALEB 2017 is $50.00 for OMEGA members and $60 for non members. You can enter more than one book but an entry fee and separate entry form must accompany each entry.
Go to www.omegawriters.org for membership details.
What are the Prizes?
Winners from each category will receive a prize to the value of $250.00 and engraved trophy.
The overall winner of CALEB 2017 will receive an additional prize to the value of $500.00:
PLUS $300 to go towards the fees of any OMEGA Conference or workshop during the next 12 months:
PLUS an engraved trophy.
How To Enter
For Published Books
- ill in all the online entry form.
NOTE: Children’s picture book entries may have the name of the author and the illustrator on the same form.
- Pay your entry fee – either use the link to PayPal or write a cheque payable to OMEGA Writers Inc.
- Send your completed entry form, a copy of your PayPal receipt or your cheque and 4 copies of your book to:
OMEGA Writers – CALEB Competition,
44 Lindwall Street,
Upper Mount Gravatt. Qld. 4122.
For unpublished manuscripts:
- Download the entry form and fill in all the required details -NEATLY.
- Pay your entry fee – on line using PayPal.
- Scan your PayPal receipt and entry form then email them with your manuscript, synopsis and cover page to:
Unpublished Manuscripts – please note:
- Manuscripts must be in size 12 Times New Roman font.
- Spacing must be 1.5 and margins 2.5.
- Header notes must carry the name of the book and footer notes must carry the page number.
- Your name must not appear anywhere on your manuscript.
- You will need to send a one page synopsis with your entry.
- You will need to create a separate cover page file with your name, contact details, email address, book title and word count.
Please note – Writing on your entry form MUST be neat and legible. All scanned forms MUST be clear and easy to read.
Entries will close on 28th April 2017. Post mark and email dates must be on or before 28th April.
Shortlisted book winners will be notified on 20th September 2017. Winners will be announced at the CALEB GALA Dinner at the OMEGA Conference in Sydney.
Judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence entered into.