Date(s) - 06/03/2018 - 25/04/2018
Categories No Categories
Categories for 2018 CALEB Award
- Published Fiction – Romance – for fiction Novels where romance is an element, published since January 2015. Self published books are eligible. Work must be under 100,000
- Published Non-Fiction – for non-fiction work (excluding memoirs, biographies) published since January 2015. Self published books are eligible. Work must be under 100,000 words.
- Published Children’s Literature – for children’s picture books or books for children to about 10 years of age published since January 2016. Self published books are eligible.
- Unpublished Manuscript YA novel – For new authors or published Authors who have not had a book published since 1st January 2015.Work must be between under 70,000 words.
Each book can only be entered in one section.
E-books are not eligible in this year’s competition.
Unpublished manuscripts will receive written feed-back from the judges.
All entries, whether written for a secular or Christian audience must reflect language, themes and a worldview that are honouring to Christ.
Who Can Enter?
All authors who reside in Australia and New Zealand and any citizens of Australia or New Zealand who reside elsewhere in the world.
How Much Does It Cost?
The entry fee is $50.00 for OMEGA members and $60.00 for non members.
You can enter more than one book but an entry fee and separate entry form must accompany each entry.
Go to www.omegawriters.org for membership details.
What are the Prizes?
Winners of each category will receive a prize to the value of $250.00 and an engraved trophy.
The overall winner of CALEB 2018 will receive an additional prize to the value of $500.00,
PLUS $200 to go towards the fees of any OMEGA Conference or workshop during the next 12 months, PLUS an engraved trophy.
How to Enter:
For all Published Books –
- Fill in all the online entry form – NEATLY.
Children’s book entries – Please include the name of the illustrator on your entry form.
- Pay your entry fee – using the link to PayPal link below.
- Send your completed entry form, a copy of your PayPal receipt and 4 copies of your book to:
OMEGA Writers – CALEB Competition,
44 Lindwall Street,
Upper Mount Gravatt. Qld. 4122.
For unpublished manuscripts:
- Download the entry form and fill in all the required details -NEATLY.
- Pay your entry fee – on line using PayPal.
- Scan your PayPal receipt and entry form then email them with your manuscript, synopsis and cover page to: email@example.com
Unpublished Manuscripts – please note:
- Manuscripts must be in size 12 Times New Roman font.
- Spacing must be 1.5 and margins 2.5.
- Header notes must carry the name of the book and footer notes must carry the page number.
- Your name must not appear anywhere on your manuscript.
- You will need to send a one page synopsis with your entry.
- You will need to create a separate cover page file with your name, contact details, email address, book title and word count.
- Please submit your work in a word document.
Please note: if your work is published or accepted by a publisher before 26th October 2018, you must notify the CALEB committee and withdraw it from the competition.
Please note – Writing on your entry form MUST be neat and legible. All scanned forms MUST be clear and easy to read. Screen shots are sometimes rather dark so check these.
Entries will close on 25th April 2018. Post mark and email dates must be on or before 25th April.
Shortlisted book winners will be notified on 25th September 2018. Winners will be announced at the CALEB GALA Dinner at the OMEGA Conference in Adelaide in October.
Judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence entered into.
In order to see the Omega Member Disount, you need to ensure you are logged into the website