When and where is the Omega Writers Conference?
27-29 October 2017
Edmund Rice Conference Centre, Mulgoa, Sydney
Who is it for?
Christian authors/writers/editors/publishers over the age of 18
What is the purpose?
To educate, support and inspire Australasian Christian writers through workshops, regional and genre connections, Awards Night and plenary sessions. The 2017 theme is ‘Impacting society with grace and truth’.
Who are the speakers?
- Keynote – Margie Lawson, USA
- Alex Marestaing, USA
- Fiction stream – Margie Lawson, Carolyn Miller, Patricia Weerakoon
- Non Fiction stream – James Cooper, JoAnne Berthelsen, May-Kuan Lim
- YA/Children stream – Alex Marestaing, Penny Morrison, and a shared workshop with Rochelle Manners, Rowena Beresford, Katrina Roe and Jemima Trappel
How do I register?
You register online. No paperwork is necessary. If this is not possible please email email@example.com.
What does the ‘cottage registration’ or the ‘dormitory registration’ option include?
Both these registrations include:
- Two nights’ accommodation
- Tea/coffee/biscuits/fruit throughout the day
- Six meals (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch & dinner, Sunday breakfast and lunch)
- Attendance at all workshops
- The CALEB awards evening
How many to a room?
Cottages are twin share and dormitories have options from two to four share. Please list who you are sharing with in the appropriate box during the registration process, or list your preferred room-mates in the comments box.
Can I book for just one night?
No, the venue doesn’t allow for overnight stays.
Why isn’t there an option for a single room?
There are limited single rooms. If there is no option it means they have already been allocated.
What date does the early bird registration close?
31 st July
What is the cost after early bird?
- Standard cottage – $395, closing two weeks prior to conference
- Standard dormitory – $330
When does day registration open?
1 st August – Cost for Saturday day only will be $ 165
Who is the promo code for?
This code is for committee members and presenters only.
I’m having trouble logging into the Omega membership site?
Please note that your username is not necessarily your email address. It may be the first part of your email address (the part before @). If you know your username, you can click on Lost Password. Otherwise, email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will confirm your username and reset your password
What happens once I have registered?
Once you have registered and received your confirmation, you need to decide how you will travel to the conference centre. There is an airport shuttle available from the Sydney airport to the conference centre if needed. Please book this service during your registration process.
How do I get there?
If coming by car – address of venue is Winbourne,1315 Mulgoa Road, Mulgoa, Sydney. You will see a large sign ‘Winbourne’ at the entrance, next to the Peppercorn Café.
If coming by air – book your flight in plenty of time to meet our airport shuttle in the domestic terminal by 1.30pm. Booking for shuttle is through the registration process. Cost is $35 each way. Further information will be sent to you closer to the time.
If coming by public transport – catch a train to Penrith (if coming from Sydney it would be the Blue Mountains line towards Lithgow Station). Walk to Penrith interchange – Stand 12 and catch bus 795 towards Warragamba. Exit Mulgoa Rd Opp Penrith Valley Heritage Drive (1315 Mulgoa Rd, Mulgoa)
What do I pack?
- Casual, smart casual clothing
- 1 smarter outfit for our Caleb awards night
- Toiletries, hairdryer etc
- Money for book stall – no ATM on site
- Umbrella and torch (the cottages are a short uncovered walk away from the main buildings)
I have special requirements, who do I talk to?
Please refer any enquiries regarding special requirements such as dietary needs, hearing or vision impairment, wheelchairs to email@example.com and it will be forwarded onto Heather Monro who will be in touch.
I’m new to the conference. What can I expect when I arrive?
The first thing is to head to the registration table where you will receive a name tag and further directions. If you have any questions over the course of the conference, look out for someone wearing an Omega shirt with ‘How can I help?’ These people are there to help and give directions. You will also be allocated to a pastoral care group with a facilitator where you can ask questions and connect with other authors. We hope all delegates feel welcome and comfortable.
What is the procedure for appointments with publishers and editors?
Appointments can only be booked at conference. Each of our publishers, editors and consultants will have a stall with a sign-up sheet. You will have opportunity to book an appointment from Friday evening.
Please bring your manuscript with you.
I have books that I would like to promote, what can I do?
You can pay for a picture of your book cover and business card to go into our conference handbook.
If you would like any of your books stocked on the conference book stall, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not put books or promotional material on the books stall without permission.
How do I share this with my friends/family/church?
Direct them to this website: http://www.omegawriters.org/conference-2017/.
What can I do to support the Omega Writers Conference?
- Pray: We believe in bringing this conference and the attendees to the Lord in prayer.
- Sponsorship: If you know of a business who you think values the Christian voice in today’s media, and who you think would be willing to support our conference by becoming a sponsor partner, please contact Meredith Resce for a copy of our sponsorship proposal package document. email@example.com
- Assist– contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are willing to assist in some way and we will get back to you.
I have an enquiry who do I contact?
Any general enquiries can be sent to email@example.com
Enquires related to registration/costs/payments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be patient with our response, we are all volunteers